Springboard Diving, Longmont Recreation Services
Longmont Recreation Services offers a year-round Springboard Diving Program. See related programs of interest.
Spring Board Diving
- Beginner: Must be able to swim independently in the diving well. Learn fundamentals of diving including body alignment, approach and basic front and back dives.
- Intermediate: Pre-requisite: Successful completion of Beginner Diving or be able to perform a dive from the diving board with appropriate 4-step approach and back fall dive. Intermediates will work on flexibility, strength, and building diving skills.
- Advanced: Pre-requisite: Must have successful completion of Intermediate Diving and have a willingness to try new dives. Learn inwards, reverse flips and twisting dives.
All divers, Beginner through Advanced have the option to compete in CARA dive meets.
CARA Dive Meets:
- Saturday, February 23 at Broomfield
- Saturday, March 9 at Aurora
- Saturday, March 16 at Lakewood
- Saturday, April 27 at Home- Longmont
7 to 18 years: Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Sundays
Location: Centennial Pool, 1201 Alpine St
View and Register available diving classes on L-Trac
Program questions? Contact Sara at (303) 774-4771.
back to top
Last Updated 1/16/2013 by web page author S. Dabney (303) 774-4827