Athletic Programs of Recreation
Longmont Recreation Services provides a wide variety of athletic programs for all ages.
Athletics Rain-Out Line: (303) 774-4400.
Please note the new location for Archery classes: the St Vrain Archery Range, South of Hwy 119 on WCR 5 (through the gates).
- Adult Archery Introduction Classes – Longmont Recreation Services is offering Introduction to Archery for Women and for Adults. Classes occur once a week April through October.
- Youth Archery – Longmont Recreation Services offers three levels of instructor for youth ages 10 to 17 years of age: Beginner Archery, Intermediate Archery, and Advanced Archery. Month-long classes are offered once a week in April through October.
- Coach-Pitch Baseball - Longmont Recreation Services presents a coed introduction to baseball for 6 and 7 year olds in the summer Coach-Pitch Baseball program.
- T-Ball - Longmont Recreation Services provides preschoolers the opportunity to learn how to play baseball with summer T-Ball programs.
- YAB Kindergarten Basketball – Longmont Recreation Services is offering a YAB Kindergarten Basketball Program for boys and girls in both the Spring and Fall. The six week spring season starts March 8, 2013.
- YAB 1st and 2nd Grade Basketball – Longmont Recreation Services is offering a coed YAB First and Second Grade Basketball Program in both the Spring and Fall. The spring six week program begins the week of March 4, 2013, and will include two exhibition games towards the end of the season.
- YAB Youth Basketball – Longmont Recreation Services is offering YAB Youth Basketball for youth in grades three through eight. Boys and girls compete separately at each grade level. Registration deadline is November 25, 2012: practices start the week of December 3, with games beginning the week of January 12, 2013.
- Denver Nuggets Skill Challenge - Longmont Recreation Services hosts the Denver Nuggets Basketball Skills Challenge competition the first week in January for boys and girls ages 7 through 14. Sat, Jan 5, 2013.
- Fall CARA Cross Country – For boys and girls ages 9-14 years, Longmont Recreation Services’ Fall CARA Cross Country program exposes participants to running long distances in a recreational atmosphere.
- Beginning Fencing - For youth ages 8 through adults, Beginning Fencing is offered at the Longmont Recreation Center with all equipment provided. Monthly classes are on Saturdays.
- Adult Flag Football – Longmont Recreation Services offers both Men’s 8 v 8 Competitive and Recreational Adult Flag Football Leagues. Spring registration deadline is April 7, 2013.
- NFL Punt Pass & Kick Competition - Longmont Recreation Services hosts the NFL Punt Pass & Kick Competition co-sponsored in Colorado by the Colorado Parks and Recreation Association annually in September. 2011 Date: Friday, September 10, 9am at Sandstone Ranch Community Park on the turf by the skate park, 3001 E Hwy 119. FREE!
- Adult Ice Hockey – Longmont Recreation Services offers Adult Learn-To-Play Hockey for hockey fans who are looking to get started playing.
- Youth Ice Hockey – Longmont Recreation Services is proud to offer the USA Hockey Youth Ice Hockey Program at the Longmont Ice Pavilion for youth ages 5 to 18 years of age.
- Adult Coed Kickball - Longmont Recreation Services offers the recreational Summer & Fall Adult Coed Kickball League as a great business team building activity! Summer registration deadline is May 27; Fall registration is taken July 8-August 4.
- CARA Lacrosse League - an organized team participation program for boys ages 6-12 and girls ages 8-10. Games are playing in Longmont and surrounding communities. March 18-May 4, 2013.
- Lacrosse for Middle School Boys - 2 boys teams: U13 & U15, season age determined by player age on Aug 31, 2012. Both teams are traveling teams with most games on Saturday. Feb 5-June 3. Parent meeting Tues, Feb 5, 6pm at Longs Peak Middle School cafeteria, 1500 14th Ave, Longmont.
- Lacrosse for Middle School Girls - an intramural program between various Longmont middle schools. For girls in grades 5 though 9. Parent meeting: Tue, Mar 5, 5pm at Longs Peak Middle School cafeteria, 1500 14th Ave, Longmont.
- Adult Softball - Longmont Recreation Services offers Men’s, Women's, and Coed Adult Softball Leagues during the spring, summer and fall seasons. Registration for Summer 2013 season deadline has been extended to May 5. Due to the spring storms, the Summer league will begin play the week of May 13.
- Girls Fast Pitch Softball - For girls ages 7 to 18, Longmont Recreation Services' spring Girls Fast Pitch Softball League is affiliated with the IPGSA. Registration deadline is March 24,2013. Practices begin April 1; games begin May 1.
Swimming & Diving
- CARA Diving - Longmont Recreation Services offers CARA diving year round for youth 6 years and older.
- Tennis Lessons - Longmont Recreation Services offers Tennis Lessons for beginner to advanced beginner adults and youth ages 7 to 17 years.
- CARA Tennis - Longmont Recreation Services' CARA Tennis is a summer team tennis opportunity for youth ages 8 to 18 years.
- CARA Track - Longmont Recreation Services' CARA Track exposes participants to a variety of track and field events in a recreational atmosphere during the summer months for youth ages 5 to 16.
- Hershey Track Meet - Longmont Recreation Service hosts the Hershey Track Meet for boys and girls ages 9-14 in early June. FREE!Thursday, June 6, 9am at the
Skyline High School Track (between Alpine & Pace on Mt View Ave) (303) 774-4800.
- Triathlon Training Programs -
Longmont Recreation Services offers both on-going classes and specialized training programs that all work to prepare triathletes of all experience and ability levels for triathlon success.
- Longmont Triathlon - Longmont Recreation Services presents the longest running triathlon in Colorado, appropriate for both novice and experienced triathletes.
- Longmont Youth Triathlon Club - Longmont Recreation Services offers the Longmont Youth Triathlon Club for Youth in the Spring and Summer to develop swimming, cycling and running abilities while promoting a healthy, active lifestyle - all while having fun! For all youth ages 8 years and older.
- Youth Volleyball - Longmont Recreation Services offers a coed Youth Volleyball team-participation program for youth in grades 3-8. Fall and Spring Leagues are offered. Spring registration deadline is March 17, 2013
Local Service Providers
The City of Longmont Recreation staff strives
to provide a broad spectrum of recreation and leisure opportunities for a
wide range of ages, interests and abilities. However, we also acknowledge
that not every recreational interest is addressed in this summer program line
up. With this in mind, we would encourage you to contact one or more of the
other local providers that provide quality programs in the Longmont community.
- Airborne Gymnastics & Dance (303) 651-1456 www.airbornegym.com / E-mail:: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boulder County La Crosse (303) 817-5426
- The Cage Sports Center (303) 485-7611
www.thecagesportscenter.com / E-mail: TheCage@comcast.net
- Colorado Rebel Girls Softball (303) 875-2466
- Colorado Storm North Soccer Club (720) 494-1800
www.north.coloradostorm.com / Email: email@example.com
- Dance Dimensions (303) 772-3750
www.dancedimensions.net / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extra Innings Longmont (303) 776-2255
www.extrainningslongmont.com / E-mail: email@example.com
- Garden Acres Batting Cages (303) 682-0822
- Longmont Boxing Club (303) 682-1810
www.coloradoboxing.com/gyms.htm / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Longmont Baseball League (720) 684-6286
www.longmontbaseball.org /E-mail: email@example.com
- Longmont Grizzlies Junior Wrestling Club (303) 775-0255
- Longmont Falcons Football Association (303) 651-2256
www.longmontfootball.net/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Longmont Sculling Club (303) 998-1248 www.LongmontSculling.com /
- St Vrain Youth Soccer (303) 651-3109
www.stvrainfc.com / E-mail: email@example.com
- Longmont United Soccer Association (303) 776-5749
- Living Well, Prestige Plus (303) 651-5080
- Longmont Athletic Club (303) 772-4700
- Longmont Swim Club (303) 702-0972
- Longmont United Hospital Registrations & Therapy (303) 485-4184
- Longmont YMCA (303) 776-0370
- Longmont Youth Football Association (303) 684-0487 www.longmontyouthfootball.org
- Alpine Angelfish Synchronized Swim Team (303) 530-1518
- St Vrain Velocity Competitive Girl’s Fast Pitch (970) 535-9270
- Twin Peaks Travel & Scuba (303) 678-7080
- We Sport U: NFL Flag Football or Cheerleading (303) 651-9790
www.wesportu.com /E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Wrestling Niwot Junior Wrestling Club (303) 717-1330 www.niwotwrestling.com
Web Page Author: S Dabney, revised 11/28/2012
Recreation Services (303) 774-4800