Police Department, Department Guide
Police Services Division, Special Operations, Fingerprinting
The Longmont Police Department receives a high number of requests from the public for fingerprinting. The department provides this service as a courtesy.
Due to the volume of requests received, the department will take fingerprints if one of these apply:
- You are a resident of Longmont. You MUST be able to provide a current utility bill and/or valid driver's license and/or a passport with an address within the Longmont city limits.
- If you work in Longmont. You must provide written documentation from your employer on letterhead.
TIME: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
LOCATION: 1st floor of the Safety and Justice Building, 225 Kimbark Street. Once you come into the lobby proceed to the window on the left with the uniformed personnel.
CARDS: The Longmont Police Department does not provide the cards for the fingerprints. Cards are generally provided by the company/agency requesting the prints or information. The card MUST be completed with black ink. CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) is unable to process cards done in anything but black.
COST: There is a $10 fee for the first card, and $2 for each card thereafter. Payment must be made in cash or with a local check. Exact change is appreciated.
- No appointment is needed. Please be advised that you may experience a short wait time. Please be patient as other calls for service may take a priority.
- We do not fingerprint children under the age of 14.
- It is adviseable NOT TO HAVE YOUR FINGERPRINTS TAKEN if:
- You have a blister on your finger(s)
- You have a broken finger(s)
- You currently have an open sore or cut(s)
- You have a broken arm (as we need full range of motion)
To contact a staff member regarding fingerprinting requirements you can email or call (303)651-8555