Police Department, Community Programs
Traffic Safety Class Information
Para Espanol Oprima aqui
The city prosecutor may offer the option of Traffic Safety Class. By attending Traffic Safety Class you may receive one category point reduction from the standard plea offer.
- $10 will be added to your fine for each court continuance to attend Traffic Safety Class
- $25 Traffic Safety Class. Payment can be made with a credit card, cash, check, or money order online. See instructions on EVENTBRITE page for payment instructions. Attendees MUST register through EVENTBRITE.
You will not be able to buy a ticket the day of the class after noon. Link to register is below.
WHAT IS REQUIRED IF I DECIDE TO ATTEND TRAFFIC SAFETY CLASS?
- You MUST attend your initial court date as indicated on the ticket you received from the officer.
- You will be REQUIRED to appear for court again after you have completed the class.
- You must bring your traffic certificate with you when you come to court. You must also bring your parent to court (not Traffic Safety Class), if you are a juvenile.
- You may NOT present your traffic certificate to the court before your court date.
- You may NOT present your traffic certificate to the city prosecutor before your scheduled appointment or court date.
- The court fine will NOT be reduced by attending Traffic Safety Class. $10 will be added to your fine for every court continuance for Traffic Safety Class. The cost for the Traffic Safety Class is an additional $25 to be paid to the City of Longmont.
TRAFFIC SAFETY CLASS REGISTRATION (effective July 8, 2013)
- When: Traffic school is held the second Wednesday of every month. You MUST present an official government issued PHOTO ID to be admitted.
- Where: Longmont City Council Chambers, 350 Kimbark Street, Longmont, CO (north of 3rd Avenue). This is not the police or court building.
- Time: Participants need to arrive BEFORE 4:55 pm to attend. Doors automatically lock at 5pm. Class generally concludes by 8:30pm. You MUST present an official government issued PHOTO ID TO BE ADMITTED. You MUST attend the ENTIRE CLASS to receive a certificate.
For questions not answered on this webpage, please email the traffic school staff. Please do not contact the court regarding the traffic safety class registration process.