Back to Last Page Visited
Navigation Bar Skip Navigation City Council Contact Us Search City Government
Department Contact
Back to our Homepage

Designated Landmarks

Dr. John Andrew House
719 3rd Avenue

Landmark Designation: 1985

Construction Date: 1907

Architectural Style: Queen Anne

Dr. John Andrew purchased the home from M.F. Tyler, a prominent dry goods merchant, in 1909. Dr. John, (as known by many and distinguish him from his older brother, Dr. C.F. Andrew) came to Longmont in 1902, graduated from the University of Colorado Medical School in 1906, and joined his brother in the medical practice. Dr. C.F. Andrew was instrumental in constructing and heading the first Longmont Community Hospital at the corner of 4th Avenue and Coffman Street, until his death in 1926. Dr. John bought the hospital stock in 1925 and became president of the hospital association and continued as sole owner of the hospital's assets until his death in 1947.

Dr. John was a prominent alumni of the University of Colorado and was active in state and national medical associations and fraternal organizations from which he received many awards and recognitions.

Reference
HPC 1985-1