312 Main Street
Landmark Designation: 1988
Construction Date: 1905
Architectural Style: 20th
The original Masonic Lodge was located in a building at the southeast corner
of 5th and Main Street. In 1873 the members decided to erect their own building.
In 1883, the building was completed. The structure was three stories in height.
The first floor was rented to businesses, the second was offices and the third
floor was rented by the Lodge, who shared with Longmont Chapter #8 of RAM
and the Longs Peak Commandery #12, Knights Templar.
On February 12, 1905, the building was destroyed by fire, however it was
also the same year the Lodge was cleared of debt. The building was rebuilt
and in use before the end of the year. The cornerstone from the original lodge
was reused and can be seen at the northeast corner of the building.
The Lodge was named for Ceran St. Vrain, a Master Mason and one of the original
settlers of the St. Vrain Valley who established Ft. St. Vrain in 1838.