Back to Last Page Visited
Navigation Bar Skip Navigation City Council Contact Us Search City Government
Department Contact
Back to our Homepage

Designated Landmarks

Previous Home Next

O'Connor-Bragg House
415 Emery Street

Landmark Designation: 2002

Construction Date: 1904

Architectural Style: Classic Cottage

Michael O'Connor, who arrived in Longmont in 1876 from Boulder, built both 411 Emery Street in 1903 and 415 Emery Street a year later.

Around 1917, the property was sold to George T. Bragg, who lived in the house until he sold it to his brother, Peter H. in 1924. George was born in Red Wing, Minnesota, on April 21, 1885, the son of Anthony and Bell Bragg. The family came west to Colorado Springs in 1897, operating a meat market there until 1911. The Braggs then moved to Longmont where they opened a meat market on Main Street. Known initially as "Bragg and Sons" and later as "Bragg's Meat Market", the family business was operated over the years by Anthony Bragg and his three sons, Peter, Tony and George. In all, Bragg's Meat Market was in business in downtown Longmont from 1911 until 1946. Following the meat market's closure, George Bragg worked as a real estate agent.

If you would like to learn more about this property, please see our architectural survey that was completed on the property in 2001.

Reference
HPC 2002-2