Lanyon Park - 19th & Collyer
Located along the Oligarchy Ditch
in the northeastern section of Longmont, Lanyon Park commemorates contributions
made to the community by Ray Lanyon. Lanyon was a local newspaper editor and
publisher who also served as Mayor from 1931 to 1942. The Lanyon Fund was
established after Ray Lanyon's death in 1981 and made annual grants to the
community. Lanyon Park was purchased in 1964 for $15,184 and is 8.6 acres
in size. It includes established stands of cottonwood and willow trees that provide shade for picnics along the
ditch. The City recently installed new walkways and playground equipment.
This park has two reservable shelters for a $35 fee for residents and $44.000 for non-resident. (link to shelter reservations), both equipped with picnic tables and grills.
Dogs allowed on leash, please pick
up after your pet.
- Ball fields - 3
- Basketball Courts - 1
- Picnic with BBQ
- Playground - Handicapped accessible
- Shelters - 2 (east & west)
- Parking Spaces - on-street, please be courteous of neighbors!
Back to List of Parks