Izaak Walton Park- 18 South
and Izaak Walton Clubhouse
Izaak Walton Park was donated to
City of Longmont in 1989 by the V.V. Golden Foundation. Used for nearly half
a century by the Izaak Walton League for sport fishing and skeet-shooting,
this facility sat unimproved until 1999. The new building is surrounded by park improvements including native
vegetation, wildlife habitat enhancements and passive recreational activities. This District Park site
is 21.5 acres in size which includes a 15.7 acre pond. The park is also
a trail head along the St. Vrain Greenway. Gather Enough People Here is a mechanical art piece installed by Robert Tully in 1999, and is found at the southwestern corner of the pond. The pond was dedicated as a youth fishing pond.
Restrooms are available in the winter.
Please keep your dog on a leash and pick up after your pet. Fishing is allowed - Youth ONLY!
(back to fishing home page)
Clark Kids' Fishing Program
15.7 acre pond is managed as a recreational fishery for the exclusive use
of children. Adults are encouraged to help kids fishing, but must help us
preserve the fishing just for the kids. Naturally reproducing fish contained
in the pond include:
- Large-mouth bass
- Black crappie
- Black bullheads
- Green sunfish
The program stocks catchable rainbow
trout in the spring and catchable channel catfish
in the early summer. Kids may use live bait and keep the fish they catch up
to the state limit set for each species. Open for fishing during the day only.
The Kids' Fishing Program has a
corps of adult volunteers who are available to help at the park. They are
private citizens who generously volunteer their time to feed the fish, help
kids with fishing techniques, and watch over the park during hours of operation.
You can recognize them by their vests. Feel free to ask the Fishing Hosts
questions or to seek assistance. Hosts will have the phone numbers needed
for emergency services and for other information.
Walton Clubhouse is available to rent
- Rentals available 6am- 10pm
- 2,000 square foot meeting space
- Tables and Chairs for approximately 95 people
- Patio with BBQ
- Serving kitchen includes small microwave, refrigerator and catering entrance.
- 47 parking spaces - no on-street parking.Parking spaces are not guaranteed, as they are shared by users of the St. Vrain Greenway.
- Rental requests - minimum 7 days prior - first come, first serve!
- Monitored facility
- No alcohol or live music allowed
- Outside Restrooms are seasonal and open May through September.
RATES - (2 hour minimum)
- Full payment at contract booking. Paid time must include set up, decorating, take down and clean up.
- Additional fees may be incurred
- Please call for availability of rental times. Reservations must be made in person as contract signatures are required.
Monday - Friday
- 7 am - 5 pm: $25/hour
- 5 pm - 10 pm: $50/hour
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
We do not offer discounts for non-profits
$200.00 security deposit. All fees are paid at time of booking.
The Izaak Walton Shelter is not reservable and is free on a first come basis.
For specifics and guidelines on
using the facility, please contact the St. Vrain Memorial Building to reserve
the facility - (303) 651-8404.
to List of Parks