Sandstone Ranch Community Park - 2525
& 3001 E. Ken Pratt Blvd.
Found along the south side of Ken Pratt Blvd/ Hwy 119 east of Longmont, this 125 acre Community Park is Longmont's newest sports park venue. Come discover its play features and natural beauty! 2525 E. Ken Pratt Blvd is the western side of the park featuring a 4-plex ball field complex. 3001 E. Ken Pratt Blvd. is the eastern side of the park (as well as the address for the District Park and Visitors Center) and features sports fields, a skatepark, adventure playground and group picnic shelter.
3 Shelters are available for rent. E4, E5 and the Large Shelter to the South which is E2.
E4 & E5 are $35.00 for a resident and $44.00 for a non-resident. E2 Shelter is available for large groups and is $25.00 per hour for a resident, or $31.25 per hour for non-resdient.
Skate Park Layout
3 of Sandstone Ranch was completed and a Grand Opening celebration was held
on June 28, 2006. This phase of the park completed a 24,000 sq ft in-ground
skate park, custom adventure playground, and large community event/picnic facility.
The Adventure Playground
The Skate Park
- Ball fields - 4
- Sports fields - 5 full size (2 w/ lights)
- Adventure Playground
- Spray Water Feature - open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily until Oct 15, 2013
- Concessions with picnic tables - 2
- Skate park - street course & vert skating
- Shelters - 5
- Parking - 748 spaces (no parking on roadways!)
click on map to see
- Phase 1 included 25 acres of land west of Spring Gulch and was opened to the public May 2001. The Phase 1 project improvements were constructed by MBI Corp. and included the 4-plex ball field complex, playground, concession/ picnic area and parking in the community park.
- Phase 2 included 53 acres of land east of Spring Gulch in the Community Park and improvements to the district park. This phase was constructed by GTC, Inc. and opened to the public in 2004. Work included multi-use sports fields with two of those fields featuring lights for evening play, concessions / picnic area, playground and parking.
- Phase 3 included 23 acres of community park development on the east side of Spring Gulch. Work was completed by Goodland Construction and opened to the public in June 2006. Improvements included an in-ground skatepark (designed by Site Design Group, Inc, and constructed by California Skateparks, Inc), a custom children's adventure playground (designed by Play Environments and Design Concepts), group picnic shelter with adjacent playground and volleyball, parking and park amenities.
- Phase 4 - The master plan calls for additional ballfields south of the Phase 1 ballfield complex. This phase is currently unfunded.
Sandstone Ranch home page
Sandstone Ranch District Park
to List of Parks