Button Rock Preserve
Located in the foothills west of
Longmont, near Lyons, Button Rock Preserve and Ralph Price Reservoir provide
a wonderful fishing experience in a wildlife preserve atmosphere. The preserve
is open for walk-in visitors only.
to fish at Ralph Price Reservoir.
In addition to the usual State of Colorado fishing license, a special permit
is required and can be obtained from the City of Longmont City Clerk's office. For more permit information, call the City Clerk at (303) 651-8649 or visit online at http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/city_clerk/licenses/fishing.htm.
Take Hwy 66 west to Lyons. Take Hwy
36 west to County Road 80, turn left and proceed to the gate. Parking is
available at the gate.
Rules & Regulations
- Dogs must be leashed where posted.
- Open containers of alcohol prohibited
- Camping or building fires not permitted.
- Hunting and firearms restricted
- Do not damage property, facilities or the natural environment.
- Swimming and watercraft prohibited.
- Ice fishing and ice skating prohibited.
Price Reservoir Regulations
- Possession and bag limit for trout is 2 for an adult; children can keep
- Tackle restricted to artificial flies and lure only.
- Fishing permitted from May 1 through October 31 only.
- Boating and all floating devices prohibited
- Bow and spearfishing prohibited.
- Fishing prohibited on dam and as posted.
- Fishing by permit only.
information, contact Longmont Water Utilities (303) 651-8376