Parks, Recreation & Trails Master Plan Project
Final Parks, Recreation and Trails Master Plan Accepted by City Council on April 8, 2014!
The Final Draft of the Parks, Recreation and Trails Master Plan was accepted by City Council with recommendations to be incorporated into the final publication of the document. Below are the recommendations for revisions. The document links on this page are the Final Draft of The Plan, the Final Publication, which will incorporate the recommended revisions, will be available in May, 2014. Thank you for your interest and support for parks, recreation and trails in Longmont!
Recommended revisions for final publication:
- Flood Impacts: Identify or highlight flood impacts throughout the plan document with reference to a separate flood recovery plan where more detail is provided.
- Ice Facilities: Provide more information regarding existing and proposed ice facilities.
- Unique (Cluster) Sites: Provide more clarity to the description for the Historic Cluster and expand upon the terminology and information/criteria to support cluster sites in general.
- Aquatics Analysis: Revise the aquatics analysis to focus on factual data. Also include discussion of the lesson program.
- Historic Funding Resources: Provide a timeline/history of funding resources utilized for park funding.
- Appendix D: HOA/Private Park Inventory: Remove the mapped inventory from the document and replace with an aggregate acreage of these spaces.
- Maps: Graphically depict how map data works together to provide guidance in gap areas.
- New Appendix - Inventory of Existing (Site-Level) Park Master Plans: Include an inventory of existing (site-level) park master plans and other relevant plans.
Links to Final Draft:
Parks, Recreation & Trails Master Plan - Final Draft (full document)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - State of the Parks, Recreation, and Trails System
Chapter 3 - Future Parks, Recreation, and Trails System
Chapter 4 - From Plan to Action
Chapter 5 - Next Steps
Glossary of Terms
Appendix A - Public Involvement Summary
Appendix B - Park and Trail Planning and Development Guidelines
Appendix C - 5-Year Capital Improvement Program
Appendix D - Homeowner Association and Private Park Inventory
Appendix E - Longmont Area Comprehensive Plan Implications
Appendix F - Cost Model
Appendix G - Renewal Analysis Data
Appendix H - Parks Improvement Fee Update 2013
Map 1 - Existing System
Map 2 - Park Access Map
Map 3 - Community Park Distribution Map
Map 4 - Gap Areas Map
Map 5 - Existing Trails Access Map
Map 6 - System Concept
Map D-1 - HOA and Private Park Lands