For Immediate Release December 6, 2011
Staff Contact: Bill Powell, Public Works and Natural Resources, 303-651-8348
View the most recent Press Releases.
UPDATE: Limb and Branch Collection
DECEMBER 6, 2011 - Branch and Limb collection continues in Longmont but the most recent storm and the fridid temeperatures have slowed down pickup. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Collection crews have been delayed due to the last snow storm and the extremely low temperatures
- The Thursday areas will be collected, but may take into the week of December 12 - Please be patient
- The alternate tree drop off site will close on Monday, December 12; the regular tree drop off site (140 Martin Street) will reopen Monday, December 12
- The Waste Diversion Center will go back to regular business hours, Mon thru Wed 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Thurs thru Sat 8:30 to 5:45 pm
- If you feel your area has been missed, please contact our call center at 303-651-8416
City Progress on the Limb and Branch Special Collection
NOVEMBER 30, 2011 - The early winter storm on October 26, 2011, damaged and destroyed many trees in Longmont and left a trail of limbs and branches. To help with cleanup efforts, the City of Longmont is conducting a special tree branch collection in residential areas.
The collection program began November 14 and will follow the current leaf bag collection schedule.
Each residential area will only receive one collection. Please see the table below and map below for your collection schedule. Tree limbs must be curbside the week prior to your collection week. Branches will not be collected from alleys. Any materials brought to the curbside after the collection date will not be picked up by the City, and the property owner or tenant may be subject to municipal code violations.
City crews and Contractors performing this special city wide curbside collection have completed the Monday and Tuesday collection areas as of November 28, and have begun collecting in the Wednesday area.
If your neighborhood area has been missed, please contact our Call Center at 303-651-8416.
Branch Collection Schedule:
- If your regular trash collection day is Monday, have your branches and limbs curbside before Monday, November 14
- If your regular trash collection day is Tuesday, have your branches and limbs curbside before Monday, November 21
- If your regular trash collection day is Wednesday, have your branches and limbs curbside before Monday, November 28
- If your regular trash collection day is Thursday, have your branches and limbs curbside before Monday, December 5
The Tree Limb Disposal site located at the Waste Diversion Center at 140 Martin Street will remain closed for leaf, branch and limb disposal until further notice, due to the high volume of branches already collected.
Residents are asked to continue to the alternate disposal site located just south of 1st Avenue and Martin Street, 111 Martin Street. Signs have been posted to direct you to the alternate drop off site.
The hours for the drop off site are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm seven days a week. Residents must bring their latest utility bill reflecting the Waste Management Fee to access the site. Contractors and businesses must pay for disposal. If you have any questions, please contact the City at 303-651-8416.
In addition to the curbside residential collection, City staff are also continuing their efforts to remove damaged tree limbs and branches along the City’s right of way.