St.ART walking and biking in Longmont
2013 tour dates and times:
- July 13 Rhythm on the River - StART walking tours at 9:15, 10:15, 11:15. Look for AIPP banner!
- Friday, July 19 - sneak preview of Art on the Move - StART biking 9:00 AM start at the Longmont Museum
- Tuesday, July 23. 5:30 - 7:00 pm StART biking. Longmont Museum & Cultural Center
- Sunday, July 28 StART biking 10:00 AM Izaak walton Clubhouse, 18 S. Sunset. Two hours - beginner - intermediate cyclists.
- Tuesday, August 6 StART walking 6:00 PM Roger's Grove under the pavilion
- more to be added soon - stay tuned!
Activity and exploration await you on these one hour tours of Longmont's public art collection - each is different and delves into some of the history around each of the works as well as the anecdotes associated with the selection process, and the history and information of the Art in Public Places program in Longmont! Call to reserve a spot or just show up - each is free, pace is moderate and conversational!
Check back for more StART walking and biking tours to be added soon!
For more information, to make a reservation or to schedule your own tour, contact AIPP Administrator
The Art in Public Places Commission is seeking volunteer docents to lead walking and biking tours of public artwork in Longmont!
Docent training: May 17, 2013 9:00 - noon**
What do you need to become a docent?
- A familiarity with Longmont. An interest in public art. A willingness to walk and talk and share the knowledge that you will gain/acquire with others.
- The ability to comfortably walk one mile
- the confidence to ride bike with a small group at a conversational pace for up to 10 miles
- The desire to have FUN and learn about interesting artwork!
** registration required and space is limited