Sales and Use Tax General Information
To Do Business in Longmont
Current City of Longmont Sales Tax Rates
City of Longmont = 3.275%
State of Colorado = 2.90%
RTD = 1.00%
Cultural = 0.10%
Boulder County = 0.80%
TOTAL Combined Sales Tax Rate in Longmont: 8.075%
Licenses and Forms you will need to do business in Longmont:
Longmont Sales Tax License
City of Longmont Sales Tax License: The one time license fee is $25.00. License processing may take up to ten (10) working days from the date the application is received by the City.
To request one, please email email@example.com or contact her directly at (303) 651-8672.
Sales and Use Tax Return Form
State of Colorado - Business Registration
You will also need to register your business with the State of Colorado. Please visit the Colorado Business Express website to complete their forms.
Sole Proprietors - Lawful Presence Form
Sole Proprietors also need to complete a lawful presence form.
Home Business - Occupation Form
If you operate a business out of your home you will need to complete a home occupation form.
Other Information for New Businesses
- A checklist of contacts that may be helpful to your business.
- City Map -Streets and street names (with index), private roads, parks and recreation areas, golf courses, city facilities, schools, waterways, city limits, and railroads.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Sales Tax, licenses, and doing business in Longmont.
Telecommunication Providers that offer local exchange service in Longmont must comply with the ordinance.
The occupation tax is $7.5718 per line, per year based on the line count provided to the City by the vendor as of June 30 of each year.
Please check with the City Clerk's office for special licensing requirements
required by City Code:
Amusement rides & carnivals
- Junk, secondhand dealers and pawnbrokers
- Establishments that serve liquor
- Massage therapists & massage establishments
- Ice cream vendors
- Use of Public Places for mobile vending cart, ambulatory vendor, special
- Youth vendors
Special Licensing requirements through the Building Inspection Division for:
Special Licensing requirements through the Parks and Forestry Division for:
- Tree trimming, planting and tree removal businesses
Modified: 03/19/2014 SW