Define the Results
The next step is to define the outcomes for each Result and the underlying assumptions and factors that influence the outcomes. Accurate prioritization requires a clear definition of the result such that the cause and effect relationship can be identified and reflected in the scoring process. The definitions should be clear, comprehensive, logical and measurable and identify the influences and factors that are most critical to the achievement of the Result.
The definitions and assumptions were developed by the City Council with feedback from the community.
• We provide, in partnership with the community, planning and prevention activities to avoid/mitigate crime, hazards and disaster;
• Laws are enforced and justice administered;
• Health and safety codes and regulations are met and/or exceeded where fiscally appropriate;
• Appropriate response and assistance is provided in times of personal and community need, including emergencies;
• Safety net and mental health services are available and accessible for our vulnerable populations; and,
• Safe, secure and connected neighborhoods are supported.
Reliable, Innovative and Resilient Infrastructure
• Planning and maintenance of our high quality utility services are balanced with appropriate costs Citywide;
• The transportation system is safe, affordable and accessible; connected locally and regionally by a variety of modes;
• We preserve, protect and enhance the natural environment; and,
• We promote and practice responsible conservation and recycling.
Thriving Economic Climate
• Natural amenities, the built environment and neighborhoods are comprehensively well planned and developed, now and into the future;
• Entrepreneurs, new and existing business of all sizes and types are planned for, invested in and attracted;
• Sustainable, resilient revenue streams are encouraged, providing a diverse tax base;
• Streamlined processes are provided;
• Diverse housing options and opportunities are supported;
• Partnerships across the City and region are actively developed to leverage opportunities that maximize potential economic, social and educational benefits; and,
• Opportunities in the market are anticipated and realized.
Vibrant Amenities and Opportunities for All
• Community members can pursue and enjoy divers, affordable and accessible entertainment, educational, arts, cultural, and recreational activities;
• The physical and social health of individuals and families are supported;
• Opportunities to connect with others, within neighborhoods, and the community abound;
• Information about services and opportunities is easily accessible; and
• People choose Longmont because we are a beautiful, welcoming community where people of all ages want to live, learn, work, visit, play and can thrive.
Responsible Internal Operations and Governance
• Responsive, timely, efficient operations support City services to be their best;
• There is clear, inclusive, transparent leadership and collaboration;
• We develop and maintain strong partnerships;
• Local, state and federal rules, regulations and mandates are followed;
• The City's human and physical capital is protected, invested in, and valued;
• Public funds are prudently managed and responsibly leveraged; and,
• We act with the highest integrity and ethics.