Retail Conversion Grant Program
Program Purpose: To reimburse retail storefront businesses, for
converting and upgrading previously non‐retail properties in the Downtown Development Authority
(DDA) District to encourage additional retail development. Up to 25% of eligible project costs (up to $7500 per business) is available from the City. Additional matching funds may be provided by the DDA (up to a 2 to 1 match for qualified projects, not
to exceed $15,000 from the DDA). The total combined grant amount may not exceed 50% of the total project.
CITY OF LONGMONT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GOALS :
- Develop strategies to address retention and expansion of existing business and attract new business to the City of Longmont.
- Develop plans and programs to maintain and increase the City’s retail, commercial, and industrial tax base and enhance the diversity and stability of the local economy.
- Research and analyze state and regional market conditions, economic trends, available development opportunities, and economic sustainability programs. Prepare and present to City Council an annual comprehensive analysis of Longmont’s current economy.
- Make recommendations regarding market sectors or industry types that will best match Longmont community values and the Longmont strategic plan.
- Establish cooperative partnerships with the existing business community and other local public and private sector economic development organizations to facilitate economic development activities within the city limits of Longmont.
- Work proactively in collaboration with regional and state economic development entities to enhance economic development efforts within Boulder County.