Business Recovery Grant
The Business Recovery Grant program has ended and applications are no longer being accepted. Thank you.
Program Purpose: To assist existing City businesses occupying locations within commercial, industrial and mixed use zoning districts with rebuilding and recovery after the recent flooding that affected Longmont.
Criteria for Participation: All businesses affected by the recent disaster can apply subject to the following:
- The business is located within the City of Longmont and was impacted by the recent flooding event.
- The business has an unrevoked, unsuspended City of Longmont sales and use tax license.
- The business was open and active prior to September 12, 2013.
- The business is located in a non-residential zoning district and is accessible by the public.
- The business must provide a general and financial overview of the business. The general overview can be provided on the grant application in the overview section; the financial overview should include 3 years of monthly projections.
- The maximum grant is 25% of eligible project costs up to $5,000.00 per business.
- The business owner must submit proof of payment to the City for all approved eligible costs.
- If the business owner is a tenant of a property owned by another party, the application must be submitted jointly. Reimbursements will be made to the party paying for the improvement.
- All applications must be submitted by December 31, 2013
- Funding is not transferable. Other restrictions may apply.
CITY OF LONGMONT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GOALS :
- Develop strategies to address retention and expansion of existing business and attract new business to the City of Longmont.
- Develop plans and programs to maintain and increase the City’s retail, commercial, and industrial tax base and enhance the diversity and stability of the local economy.
- Research and analyze state and regional market conditions, economic trends, available development opportunities, and economic sustainability programs. Prepare and present to City Council an annual comprehensive analysis of Longmont’s current economy.
- Make recommendations regarding market sectors or industry types that will best match Longmont community values and the Longmont strategic plan.
- Establish cooperative partnerships with the existing business community and other local public and private sector economic development organizations to facilitate economic development activities within the city limits of Longmont.
- Work proactively in collaboration with regional and state economic development entities to enhance economic development efforts within Boulder County.