Are You A Victim? Employment/Housing Resources
Are you a Victim of Housing Discrimination?
Fair Housing is your Right!
If you have been denied your housing
rights ... you may have experienced unlawful discrimination.
How do you recognize housing discrimination?
Under the Fair Housing Act, it
is Against the Law to:
- Refuse to rent to you or sell
- Tell you housing is unavailable
when in fact it is available
- Show you apartments or homes only
in certain neighborhoods
- Set different terms, conditions,
or privileges for sale or rental of a dwelling
- Provide different housing services
- Advertise housing to preferred
groups of people only
- Refuse to provide you with information
regarding mortgage loans, deny you a mortgage loan or impose different
terms or conditions on a mortgage loan
- Deny you property insurance
- Conduct property appraisals in
a discriminatory manner
- Refuse to make reasonable accommodations
for persons with a disability if the accommodations may be necessary to afford
such person a reasonable and equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling
- Fail to design and construct housing
in an accessible manner
- Harass, coerce, intimidate, or
interfere with anyone exercising or assisting someone else with his/her fair