Fishing Permits, Ralph Price Reservoir/Button
Rock Dam, Licensing & Permits, City Clerk's Office
DUE TO THE FLOODING OF SEPTEMBER 2013, BOTH THE BUTTONROCK PRESERVE AND RALPH PRICE RESERVOIR ARE CLOSED.
A recent video by the Director of Public Works overviews the damage to the Reservoir and Longmont Dam Road. Efforts to rebuild are underway and the 2014 fishing program will be evaluated in early 2014. Please check back for updates.
ANNUAL FISHING PASSES:
2013 Annual Fishing Passes will go
on sale Monday, April 1, 2013!
Important details about purchasing your annual fishing pass:
- A valid original Colorado State fishing license must be presented for each permit purchased, no photocopies accepted.
- You may renew your Colorado State fishing license starting March 15, 2013.
- A maximum of 4 permits may be purchased per person, per day.
- Annual permit cost is $20.00 for City of Longmont and Town of Lyons water utility customers and $30.00 for non-utility customers.
- You may purchase your permit starting at 8 am Monday, April 1st at any of the following locations:
CASH OR CHECK ONLY at these locations:
Longmont City Clerk's Office- 350 Kimbark St. - (303) 651-8649
Lyons Town Hall - 432 5th Ave - (303) 823-6622
CASH, CHECK OR CREDIT CARD at this location:
Roosevelt Park Memorial Building - 700 Longs Peak Ave - (303) 651-8404
INFORMATION ABOUT RALPH PRICE RESERVOIR:
Button Rock Preserve is a 2,600 acre watershed preserve area approximately eight (8) miles west of Lyons operated by the City of Longmont Water Department. Ralph Price Reservoir is located within the preserve and is the primary water supply for the City of Longmont. In past years the City Clerks office has issued limited amounts of fishing permits for fishing Ralph Price Reservoir. A recent survey of current and past anglers at the reservoir supported continuing the fishing permit requirement.
- The reservoir is stocked with brown and rainbow trout and with splake, a brook and lake trout hybrid.
- The bag limit is two trout for an adult and one for a child.
- All Tiger Muskies less than 36 inches must be returned to the water immediately.
- Tackle restricted to artificial flies and lure only.
- The reservoir is open for fishing May 1st through October 31st of each year.
DAILY FISHING PASSES:
Will go on sale Monday, May 13, 2013
100 single day fishing permits are available and valid June 1 through September 30.
- Daily passes only available for purchase at the Longmont City Clerk's office, 350 Kimbark St.
- $10 each (cash or check only)
- Daily permits are date specific
- A maximum of 4 permits may be purchased per person, per day
A "no permit required", free fishing weekend, is provided the first weekend in June, as concurrent with Colorado free fishing days.
You may call the City Clerks office at (303) 651-8649 or call the City of Longmont Water Department at (303) 651-8376 for more detailed information regarding the location of Button Rock Preserve and its special use regulation. E-mail the Ranger for Button Rock.
Other Helpful Links: Parks, Fishing, Ralph Price Fishing Permits FAQ's