Candidate Packet, Election
Information, City Clerk's Office
City Council Eligibility
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Must be a qualified elector for at least a year;
- Must have resided in the City of Longmont
for one-year immediately preceding the election date;
- Must reside within the ward applying for, if elected for a Ward seat.
The next City Council election will be held on November 5, 2013. Citizens of Longmont who are interested in running for election to the City Council must circulate a nomination petition to get their name on the ballot. Petitions for At Large Council seats and the Mayor must contain the signatures of at least fifty (50) Longmont citizens who are registered to vote. Positions for Ward Council seats must contain the signatures of at least twenty five (25) Longmont citizens who are registered to vote and who reside within the Ward.
According to Colorado Revised Statute 1-4-805, dates for circulating petitions will between:
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 (beginning on the 91st day before the election) and Monday, August 26, 2013 (not later than the 71st day prior to the election).