2008 CDBG Accomplishments
HOME PURCHASE PROGRAMS:
Down Payment Assistance
- Helped 14 low-income families purchase homes (HOME)
- 14% of DPA home purchasers were Hispanic households.
Community Housing Program
- Processed 16 total Community Housing Program applications, 5 families purchased homes.
- 10 affordable homes were sold in Blue Vista and 6 Habitat for Humanity homes were closed (Fee Waiver and Affordable Housing Funds).
Education and Outreach
- 123 Longmont residents completed the Homeownership Training and 33 completed the one-on-one pre-purchase budgeting sessions (CDBG).
- 269 Longmont households attended other financial and personal enrichment classes as well as received one-on-one counseling regarding loan refinancing, credit and budget management, and reverse mortgages.
- Made seven presentations to Realtors, lenders and the general public on the affordable housing programs.
HOME OWNER PROGRAMS:
Foreclosure Prevention and Post Purchase Programs
- 92 Longmont residents attended mortgage delinquency or foreclosure prevention counseling provided by the Boulder County Housing Counseling Program (CDBG).
- 38% had a successful resolution to the financial situation (loan forebearance, brought mortgage current, modified are refinanced mortgage, or completed a pre-foreclosure or short sale)
- 13% resulted in foreclosure or bankruptcy
- 38% are still receiving assistance, working through their situation
Rehab Programs (all CDBG)
- 1 family received assistance to rehabilitate their home.
- 20 emergency grants were made to replace heating systems, water heaters, and correct electrical safety issues.
- 3 homes owned by very low income elderly persons were painted in partnership with Longmont Senior Services staff and various volunteers.
RENTAL HOUSING PROGRAMS:
- Began pre-development work on Aspen Meadows Neighborhood which will include 28 rental town homes (HOME)
- 7 persons with disabilities received rent deposit loans to allow them to live independently (CDBG).
- St. Vrain Manor upgraded building, including new alarm system and low flush toilets (CDBG).
- 26 apartments were rehabilitated in 7 privately owned properties (CDBG).
- 32 affordable housing apartments were re-roofed at English Village (CDBG).
- 12 homeless families were assisted with Tenant-based Rental Assistance as part of the Housing First Program (Affordable Housing Funds).
- During National Homeless Awareness Week, LHOT held an event that offered educational seminars on homelessness, the housing market, and resources to help families and individuals become self-sufficient.
- 13 working homeless persons received rent deposit assistance so they could move back into a permanent housing situation (LHOT funds).
COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT AND NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION PROJECTS:
- 44 home computers and 71 wireless accounts were provided through the Digital Divide Program to help bridge the electronic educational gap for low-income households with school age children (CDBG and General Fund).
- 6 laptops were provided to support the Casa de la Esperanza Robotics team (CDBG).
- A play ground was constructed for the children living at the Safe Shelter of the St. Vrain Valley (CDBG).
- Assisted with the neighborhood clean ups at Countryside Mobile Home Park and in the Lanyon Park Neighborhood (CDBG).
COLLABORATION AND COOPERATION:
Completed the second year of the Regional HOME Consortium between the City of Boulder, City of Longmont, Boulder County and City and County of Broomfield.
23 total CDBG projects undertaken in 2008, 13 completed
5 total HOME projects underway in 2008, 2 completed
Total Program Expenditures:
CDBG Funds: $ 394,966
HOME Funds: $ 287,256
AH Funds: $ 470,423
Printable Version of Complete Report:
2008 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (Adobe Acrobat 492 kb)
IMPORTANT: You MUST have the Adobe Acrobat Reader on your system prior to selecting the above-referenced document in order to be able to view this file.