All construction drawings
must be legible and submitted in duplicate. Plans may be blueprints or originals
on a good grade of plain white paper. Plans must either be drawn to scale
or with all dimensions clearly shown.
PLAN (click to see sample plot plan)
1 North Arrow.
2 Date of plan (and revisions).
3 Property address.
4 Lot dimensions and corner elevations.
5 Easements and adjoining street name(s).
6 Curb cuts, paving, parking, sidewalks and garage locations.
7 Location of proposed and existing structures including house, detached
garages, and sheds.
8 Show dimensions of all buildings, distance to property lines and distance
9 Height of structure, top of foundation and property corner elevations.
10 Location of utility lines inclusive of water, sewer, electric and gas
lines. Show point of attachment to house.
11 Drainage pattern (must conform to approved development drainage plan).
- Dimensions of footing and foundation wall.
- Overall foundation dimensions.
- Depth of footings below grade.
- Column footing size and locations.
- Beam size and bearing locations.
- Reinforcing steel size and anchor bolt size and locations.
- Window, vent and access size and locations.
- Building section (click
to see a sample building section) with material specifications. Click
to see sample building section.
- Grade and species of all wood framing members.
- Size and spacing of studs, joists, rafters, pre-engineered trusses, hips,
valleys, purlins, and struts.
- Size and location of beams, columns and headers.
- Roof and floor sheathing materials.
- Bracing details
- Exterior elevation - (Label FRONT, REAR, RIGHT, LEFT). Indicate building
materials to be used. Finish grade with slope shown.
- Floor plan for each level (click here to see a sample
- Label rooms, show dimensions.
- Location and size of walls, windows, doors, stairs, cabinets, guardrail
and window wells.
- Plumbing fixtures, water heater, furnace, boiler, air conditioner
and cooking appliance locations.
- Location of chases and chimneys for venting of fuel-burning appliances
(specify type of fuel).
- Type, size R-value of insulation in walls and ceiling.
- Fireplace or stove location, type and installation details.
- Size of service.
- Location of panel.
- Electrical plan with outlets, switches, fixtures and smoke detectors.