Inspection Scheduling Information
Online Inspection Scheduling System For Permit Holders
The City of Longmont has launched online system for Permit Holders to schedule inspections.
You may call our Building Inspection Hotline at (303) 774-4595 and schedule your inspection that way or use our Online Inspection Scheduling System.
times are not scheduled on the same day you access our system. All
requests must be in before 4:00pm for an inspection on the next business day.
CANCELLING AN INSPECTION: If
you need to cancel an inspection, you should do so before 4:00 p.m. the day
before the inspection. For Monday inspections, please cancel by 4:00p.m.
the previous Friday. If you miss these deadlines, please call our office
before 8:30a.m. the day of the inspection.
When scheduling times for the next
business day, it is wise to anticipate when inspections need to be made
to prevent delays.
What the system allows you to do:
- Schedule a day and time frame for each required inspection.
- Cancel a previously scheduled inspection.
- Reschedule previously scheduled inspection
- View inspection results
If you access our Inspection Scheduling System, you will be prompted for the following information
when scheduling an inspection.
Please have the following information at hand when using our scheduling system:
- PERMIT NUMBER
- PHONE NUMBER
- ITEM # OF INSPECTION
No inspection will be made on subcontracted work done by an unlicensed
Homeowners may request either morning or afternoon inspection times by accessing our system.
The final inspection is the last step in the inspection process, and is your certification that the work has been satisfactorily completed according to the building code.
- You should not cover-up any work that has not been inspected.
- It may not be possible to accommodate everyone's request for a specific inspection time
- You SHOULD NOT schedule any concrete or other major work for the same day
as the inspection, to avoid costly problems.
- Please have all animals including dogs under control and not in the areas to be inspected. Even a normally friendly dog can become a safety issue for the inspectors and the pet. Inspections may not be made if there are animals running loose and a re-inspection fee ($47.00) may be required if this occurs.
In addition to requesting either a Morning or Afternoon inspection, you may request a specific time by calling the assigned inspector the morning of the inspection between 8:00 and 8:30a.m. (a short window of time where Inspectors are planning their day and can work with you regarding your desired timeframe).
The following main phone numbers may be accessed:
- Inspection Request Hotline (303)774-4595
- Main Office (303)651-8332
Permit Holder - Inspection Checklist
A good rule of thumb is that you should not cover-up any work that has not been inspected.
FOR ALL INSPECTIONS:
- Job Site address posted during entire construction process
- Inspection Record Card in plain sight
- Approved construction plans
- Approved site plan
FOR SPECIFIC TYPES OF INSPECTIONS:
Note: Separate framing, insulation, electrical and plumbing inspections may be necessary if the interior walls and/or ceiling are covered and the structural framing and supports cannot be viewed at the final inspection.
- Lot lines clearly marked with string lines or otherwise provide Improvement Survey
- Footing forms and reinforcement in place
- Erosion control in place
- Foundation forms and reinforcement in place
- Rough Framing, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical ready.
- Engineer stamped and signed truss plans, (if used)
- Trash enclosure on site to prevent litter and blowing trash.
- All framing, fire blocking and bracing done.
INSULATION INSPECTIONS (if needed):
- Rough Plumbing, Rough Electrical, Framing and any other
work that may be covered up inspected and approved.
- Insulation and Vapor retarder installed.
DRYWALL NAIL INSPECTION (if needed
for fire resistive assemblies; generally only required between a house and a garage):
- Gypsum board installed with nailing complete before taping.
FINAL INSPECTION (Sometimes in
combination with framing inspection):
- All Plumbing, Heating, Electrical and Framing work done
- Final grading and paving including any required driveways
done. (Note: all driveways must be concrete or paved).
Boiler or Pressure Vessel Installation Inspections
- Theses inspections are done by the State and you should call them to schedule an inspection directly. Please click on the link to see more information off site at the Colorado Division of Labor & Employment.
Last Updated: 8/29/06