Office of Emergency Management, Public Safety
Sign up. Get Connected. Be Ready.
The City of Longmont Office of Emergency Management looks forward to the opportunity to speak to your civic organization,
workplace, neighbors, and/or church group to ensure that you are prepared for an emergency. The presentation will provide
residents with tools to
become part of a solution when a disaster hits. Please email or call (303)651-8438 to schedule a date and a time for a presentation.
- If you own a landline, you will receive a reverse 9-1-1 call for the Longmont city limits.
- However, if you are utilizing mobile devices you must sign up to receive reverse 9-1-1 calls. For more information and to sign up.
- Visit the City of Longmont home page for directions on obtaining emergency updates.
- Sign up for the Longmont Fire Police OEM Facebook page
- Call center phone number when emergency operations center is open - (303)651-8595
- Longmont has a radio station that works best within your car in the city limits. 1670AM
- Know your neighbors.
- Develop a response plan
- Make a Family Emergency Plan
- How will you contact one another?
- How will you get back together?
- What will you do in different situations?
- Plan to stay put or meet up
- School or Work
- Have a plan
- Move away from danger - avoid downed power lines
- Lock doors if intruder is present
- Seek shelter
- In an emergency text - don't call. Your text messages will go through when the first tower is available. Your phone may not work at all.
- Develop a list of household information that could be removed quickly in an emergency
- Utility and Service Contact
- Insurance and other information
- Medication list
- Pharmacy / doctors / specialists
- Family/Friends/Neighbors. Out of area contact information.
- Take your cords/plug ins for mobile devices
- Work and school contacts
- For additional information on making a kit (see FEMA information on making your family kit)
more information about emergency preparedness in Longmont, please call the City of Longmont, Office of Emergency Management at (303) 651-8438 or contact us by email.